Type : Local vacancies
Category : International stream teaching and leadership vacancies
Role: Deputy to the Head of Preschool
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Employer: MTK International School
Application date/s: November 14, 2019
Deadline for application: December 20, 2019
Contract type: Full time, permanent
About the position:
- To provide leadership, direction and management to ensure sustained improvement of the Foundation Stage.
- To share in and support the leadership of the school as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To help lead the school in the policies and practices of continuous school improvement and staff development in relation to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. Main Duties:
- Take overall responsibility for the quality and standards of teaching and learning across the Foundation Stage, this to include providing analysis and reports to the Senior Leadership Team, as required.
- To keep up to date with current developments in teaching and learning and in preschool improvement in the Early Years Foundation Stage and to share this with staff.
- To help to formulate the aims and objectives and policies for their implementation.
- To play a major role in the development of high-quality teaching and learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage. This will include the monitoring of curriculum planning and the giving of feedback and advice as well as assisting and supporting colleagues with the planning and delivery of a differentiated curriculum.
- To lead the team in the delivery of a creative and stimulating curriculum.
- To seek ways of sharing good practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage and to ensure dialogue about teaching and learning amongst the preschool staff.
- To ensure that the requirements of the Head of Preschool including arrangements for assessment and moderation are met.
- To ensure appropriate support for individuals and groups of children based on assessment data.
- To ensure that all the children, are able to learn and achieve to the best of their ability.
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of the policies, practices, targets and priorities, identifying developments needed and working with the Head, and the Leadership Team to support them.
- To ensure curricular policy development is focused on continuous improvement.
- To share in and support the strategic leadership of the preschool team and to bring out the potential for leadership in others.
- To work in partnership with the Head of Preschool, and members of the Senior Leadership Team in the cycle of planning, implementation, review and evaluation of the educational plan.
- To be an excellent role model of outstanding practice to all staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Higher education in Preschool
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of Preschool teaching
- Good working knowledge of the Early Childhood development
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Ability to speak in one of these languages alongside English- Azeri, or Russian.
- Experience of effective involvement of parents in their children’s education
Also desirable would be:
- Successful implementation of quality assessment techniques to inform teaching and learning
- Evidence of successfully inspiring and challenging others to raise performance and standards
Benefits of MTK International School:
MTK International School offer a superb, modern, well-resourced learning environment for students and staffs. The school have a highly positive ethos and a supportive, enthusiastic staff team. Our international school on a journey to outstanding, this school boasts a strong track record of innovation, engaged students, a supportive and driven leadership team and excellent benefits to its staff. Additional information about the Complex: http://www.mtk.edu.az/en/
Contact with us:
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position and availability (250-300 words) (in Word or PDF format),
- a current resume (CV) with a photo (in Word or PDF format),
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the job title in the subject line.